Southern Trust Home Services Provides Preparedness Tips to Protect You and Your Home
Leading Roanoke home services company recognizes Flood Safety Awareness Week and offers preparedness tips to help homeowners protect their families and homes
ROANOKE, Va. – March 8, 2017 – Roanoke homeowners continue to weather their fair share of flash floods each year causing hundreds of thousands of dollars in property damage from flooding. As we approach Flood Safety Awareness Week, Southern Trust Home Services, southern Virginia’s leading HVAC, plumbing and electrical provider offers homeowners preparedness tips to protect their homes in the event of a flood.
“This last year, many folks in Virginia experienced heavy flooding from severe weather,” said Ted Puzio, general manager. “We not only help those who have experienced flood damage restore their homes after the storm passes, but we actively promote preparedness with our employees and customers. For Flood Safety Awareness Week, we want to make sure homeowners stay safe first and are able to protect their homes as much as possible.”
Here are a few tips from Puzio to help homeowners prepare before a flood occurrence:
- Obtain a Flood Insurance Policy and Know Your Coverages – Find out if you have a flood insurance policy. If you don’t have a flood insurance policy, contact your insurance agent today. Make sure you are clear on your coverage amount before a flood occurs.
- Protect Important Documents – Keep copies of all important documents in a safe place outside the home if possible, including mortgage papers, passport, bank information and insurance policies.
- Itemize and Take Photos of Property – Create an itemized list and take pictures of your home, property and possessions as proof of your pre-flood assets, and store them with your important documents offsite if possible.
- Establish an Emergency Contact List – Create an emergency contact list with the phone numbers of your family, employers, insurance agents and financial information. Update and exchange contact information, and store your list with your important documents offsite.
- Build or Buy an Emergency Kit – Keep an emergency kit on hand with a battery-powered radio, flashlight, batteries, candles, waterproof matches, bottled water and non-perishable food for a minimum of three days.
To find out more about Southern Trust Home Services and how the company can help you prepare and repair flood damage, call 540-343-4348 or visit www.southerntrusthomeservices.com.
About Southern Trust Home Services
Founded in 1995 as Southern State Electric, Southern Trust Home Services provides 24/7 emergency services for 60 plus cities in southern Virginia. Specializing in residential plumbing, electrical and HVAC work, Southern Trust Home Services staffs dedicated, certified, licensed and insured, drug and criminal background checked technicians who provide timely, same-day services for a variety of home repairs, installations and maintenance. A Better Business Bureau accredited company since 2006, Southern Trust Home Services has financing available including zero percent for 18 months, and Lifetime Repair Guarantee on stated repairs. To find out more, call 540-343-4348 or visit www.southerntrusthomeservices.com.